Natural Heart Remedies – Eating For Heart Health
I am a firm believer of the old adage: you are what you eat. So if you want to have a heart that’s fit, you need to understand the importance of natural heart remedies and maintain a healthy heart diet.
Here are some tips on one of the most important natural heart remedies: eating for heart health:
Eating for the heart means learning how to control the amount of dietary cholesterol, the kind of fat and saturated fatty acids that you consume. Here are ways on how you can do just that.
1. Don’t consume more than 6 ounces of cooked fish, lean meat and skinless poultry each day.
2. Keep your consumption of oils and fats to a minimum daily. About 5 to 8 servings may be used and consumed for baking, in spreads and salad dressings and in cooking.
3. You can try main dishes which consist of rice, pasta, vegetables and beans. Or you can choose to design a diet that’s low in meat by mixing these foods with small portions of fish, poultry and lean meat.
4. Utilize cooking techniques that require little or no fat – broil, boil, microwave, poach, roast, saut?Ã¯Â¿Â½, steam and stir fry.
5. Maintain an eating plan which consists of 3 to 4 egg yolks per week. You can eat this as it is or you can mix it during baking or cooking. This includes commercially available products (which should be avoided as much as possible!)
6. Cut off on any fat present before you cook poultry or meat. After browning or frying food, drain off all fat. After cooking, it’s best to chill stews and soups so that you can easily take off the hardened fat at the top.
7. Limit the amount of organ meats like brains, liver, kidneys, chitterlings, gizzard, heart, pork maws and sweetbreads that you consume.
8. Go for 1 percent fat milk, skim milk, as well as low fat yogurt and cheese.
9. Eat at least 6 servings of cereals, grains and breads per day.
10. Consume at least 5 or more servings of vegetables and fruits daily.
There are lots of natural heart remedies out there. You can start your journey to a healthy heart by eating right.