Master Cleanse – 5 Pros and 5 Cons of the Master Cleanse Program
1. It is tested by many. The master cleanse was developed over 60 years ago by Mr. Stanley Burroughs as a detoxification program. Master Cleanse has been used by countless individuals in efforts to rid the body of toxins, get healthy and lose weight.
2. It’s cheap. Financially, there is not a lot of money required to participate in this program. The requirements include natural lemons, cayenne pepper, maple syrup and the right recipe.
3. It has a pleasant taste. Unlike other diets, the taste is natural and palatable. The Master Cleanse has been nicknamed the lemonade diet. Ironically, the master cleanse is neither a diet or contains lemonade. It just contains lemons and maple syrup which gives the solution a sweet pleasant taste.
4. It’s quick. This diet plan only consists of participating for 10 days. There is no long and draining process that can stretch out for weeks or months like other detox or diet plans.
5. It gives results. Many who have gone through the master cleanse swear by the results. During the 10 day period, you cleanse your body of all the built up waste material, mucus and chemicals that may have built up over the years. The result is a loss in unhealthy weight, a healthier body, and more energy and desire for a healthy lifestyle.
1. You follow a strict liquid diet. Liquid diets take can take some adjustment getting used to. Your body is used to eating solid food, so you have to prepare your body (and your mind) for a new way of eating for 10 days.
2. May require a recuperating period for some. Immediately after your 10 days, your body may need time to get adjusted back to eating solid food again. Technically, this can be considered being in favor of the master cleanse, for many desire a more lighter healthier diet after completing the program.
3. Possible loss of energy during the program. Because you are only drinking liquids for 10 days, you may experience fatigue, feelings of hunger, and a sense of being drained for a few days. This is a result of the body desiring the diet it had been accustomed to. Despite this, your energy should return within a few days. In many cases, some have experienced double the energy and fitness.
4. Takes self and outside motivation. Going without solid food can wear on many. Mentally, you feel as though you are not eating. The master cleanse is designed to give you all the vitamins and nutrients you need during the detox period, but It can be very difficult to leave behind old ways and give up without the proper motivation and guidance.
5. Toilet Time. You may find yourself in the bathroom a lot more than usual during some periods of the program. All the excess waste and toxins are being released and there is one main way to release them.